Tuesday, February 7, 2012



BG (blood glucose): 326 (Crap... insulin time!)
Mood: Tired
Plans: Homework, Dinner, Yoga, Homework and hopefully TV

          Hi, so I'm new to blogging... I'm a junior in high school and I've had Type One Diabetes since Valentine's Day 2007. Lately it's been bumming me out, I was twelve at diagnosis and I didn't know what it was or anything, no one in my family had it. I guess I didn't comprehend it's permanence. 
          I was talking to my friends in gym today about this one girl, let call her M. M is so desperate for attention that she told everyone on our speech team she had low blood sugar and probably had diabetes. At the time I was offended but I should have been angrier than I was, who says they have a life threatening disease to get attention? I just ignored her but I should have told her that I'm stuck with this for the rest of my life, it may kill me, don't use it to get attention for 5 minutes while I'm sitting here struggling to keep my blood sugars in line, being attached to a pump 24/7 and having people shriek over me testing my blood. I don't like to make a big deal out of it, but it is a big deal. It always will be.
Waking up from a nap
          Haha that was probably a little much for my first post... I'll end it with a pic of my dog Alyx (She's a girl btw) Isn't she cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment